So here’s the deal. Themes on themeforest have a vulnerability which makes them easily scrape-able.
So to exploit this I made a python script to download any html theme from ThemeForest’s website.
Here’s the pseudo-code –
- Get attributes from python cli. Attributes are – link of the theme and location to download.
- Use selenium and webdriver to visit the theme’s page.
- Get the ‘href’ attribute of live preview button on the page.
- Use another driver to visit this page and get the ‘href’ attribute of ‘remove the border’ element.
- Use the almighty to mirror the theme page to the entered location.